- This event has passed.
Steel Rail Half Marathon Virtual
Steel Rail Half Marathon will now be run as a virtual event to be run between now and May 17, 2020 (the original date) but you can also compete in the rescheduled physical version on Sunday October 11, 2020. Got that? Below you can find the info pertaining to the now-til- May 17th virtual race. Details for the October 11th race can be found at Steel Rail Half Marathon October 11th. Confused?
Steel Rail Half Marathon/8K Virtual options for 2020
Portions of the proceeds from these events will be donated to the Berkshire United Way Emergency Covid Fund.
Basic option includes: a SRHM/8K 2020 Virtual Race Shirt, prizes, and your time recorded in the official results.
Full SWAG option includes: SRHM/8K 2020 Virtual Race Shirt, Finisher Bandanna, Bottle opener, commemorative pint glass, prizes and your time recorded in the official results.
Basic-$25 Full SWAG-$40 (SWAG will be picked up at BRC once we open, delivered to you or mailed to you)
We encourage you to run the course planned for the SRHM 2020 anytime between now and May 17, 2020. PLEASE DO NOT RUN IN GROUPS AS THAT IS AGAINST THE SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES.
If you can’t make it to Adams we encourage you to find another fast course on a bike path or a course near where you live.
All results must be emailed to email@example.com along with the method you tracked your run with (polar flow, strava, runkeeper, mapmyrun, etc.)
STEEL RAIL HALF MARATHON
VIRTUAL RACE COURSE
The new course is as follows:
- The start and finish line is on Depot St at the parking lot entrance to the visitors center.
- Runners head north on Depot and take the first right onto Hoosac St (aprrox 0.1 mile at the stop sign)
- Left turn onto N Summer St continue to the end
- Take a left on Lime Stand continue until Printworks Drive just past bike trail entrance
- Left on Printworks Drive until the first driveway on the left and then take a U-Turn
- Return to Lime and take a right
- Continue until the entrance of the Ashuwillticook Rail trail.
- Continue on ART until the jughandle turn (aka 8K start in Cheshire) just before Church St intersection turn back north on the ART
- Continue back to the Hoosac St intersection (Adams Visitor Center)
- Take left back onto Hoosac St
- Take final left turn onto Depot St to Finish