- This event has passed.
3rd Annual Macedonia Trail Races
September 13, 2020
The 3rd Annual Macedonia Trail Races will be held Sunday, September 13, 2020 in Macedonia Brook State Park in Kent, CT. With its unparalleled single track and lush forest trails, challenging climbs/descents and 2-3 amazing viewpoints on course, the race offers trail runners a one of kind experience in the northwest part of Connecticut. You will not be disappointed! Back again this year we will offer 25K/50K distances in addition to the original 7.25M (now called the 12K) race.
The races are organized by Steep Endurance.
The Macedonia Trail Race is part of the Blue Blazed Trail Running Series in CT. The Blue-Blazed Trail Running Series is a sequence of races in Connecticut that are run entirely or in part on the Blue-Blazed Hiking Trails (BBHT). The BBHT are maintained by the Connecticut Forest & Park Association (CFPA). The goals of the series are:
- To promote and create greater awareness of trail running on the BBHT System
- Attract more runners to Connecticut trail running races
- Strengthen the running community
- Raise awareness for CFPA’s trail maintenance efforts
- Enhance the experience for the runners who already support our races through series points and recognition
- Oh…and to have fun running in the woods!
To register or for more information ( this is a very comprehensive site!) go to : https://www.steependurance.com/macedonia-trail-race.html
$35 early registration through June 30
$40 July 1-August 31
$45 September 1 – Race Day
$60 early registration through June 30
$65 July 1-August 31
$70 September 1 – Race Day
$70 early registration through June 30
$80 July 1-August 31
$90 September 1 – Race Day
- There will be NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION per CT State Guidelines!
- Refund Policy: There will be no refunds and/or no transfers of your registration or bib to any other person. Entry fees collected are used to develop and produce the event, starting well in advance of the race date–including course preparation, race supplies, permits, and administration.
RACE DAY SCHEDULE
Sunday, September 13, 2020
- 6:00 a.m. Packet Pickup/Race Day Registration starts
- 7:00 a.m. 50K Start
- 8:00 a.m. 25K Start
- 9:00 a.m. 12K Start
- 11:00 a.m. Awards Ceremony begins for 12K
- 1:50 p.m. Cutoff for 50K runners to start 3rd loop
- 5:00 p.m. Cutoff for 25K/50K