- This event has passed.
Walk A Virtual Mile Berkshire County
September 8, 2020 - September 18, 2020
Walk A Virtual Mile Berkshire County will be held, well, virtually, Tuesday, September 8 through Friday, September 18, 2020.
The event is organized by the Elizabeth Freeman Center with offices in Great Barrington, North Adams and Pittsfield, MA. Their number is (413) 499-2425.
Here are the Walk details from the Elizabeth freeman website:
Last year more than 900 Berkshire County residents of all ages and backgrounds took to the street and walked a mile united against rape, sexual assault and gender violence. Together we raised over $90,000 to support Elizabeth Freeman Center’s life-saving services. Thank you!
This year we take the Walk virtual! And we need your help to make this year’s Walk A Mile as memorable and successful as ever. Here’s how you can participate:
- Spread the word that EFC is here, open and ready to help;
- Take photos and videos at various Walk a Virtual Mile displays and share on social media with #WereHereWeWalk to join Elizabeth Freeman Center in spreading awareness about sexual and domestic violence in Berkshire County;
- Walk a Virtual Mile with us between Tuesday, September 8th and Friday, September 18th;
- Register Here and help us raise funds with your family, coworkers and friends;
- Donate so that we can raise the funds that we desperately need to continue to fight gender based violence.
Stay tuned for more details!
Spread the word on social media and tag 3 friends with #WereHereWeWalk to help us promote Walk a Virtual Mile! Check out our social media toolkit.
THE WORLD CHANGED, BUT THE VIOLENCE CONTINUED.
These are dangerous and unprecedented times. The very necessary steps we take to stop the spread of Coronavirus also create the very conditions that result in increased domestic and sexual violence. And we are seeing it.
Elizabeth Freeman Center is OPEN! Our hotline is answered 24/7. Our offices are open to help with emergencies, receive walk-ins, provide basic assistance, i.e. food, shelter, safe phones and transportation, and help with forms and protection orders. In addition, our shelter is open and we continue to motel survivors fleeing danger when our shelter is full.
Help us continue to provide these life saving services and donate toda
Walk a Virtual Mile Schedule
- Tuesday, Sept 8 at 4:30PM – Join Mayor Linda Tyer and Pittsfield City Councilors, Meet at Otto’s (95 East Street, Pittsfield);
- Wednesday, Sept 9 at 5:30PM – Join Jane Iredale and EFC staff, Meet at Jane Iredale (294 Main Street, Great Barrington);
- Thursday, Sept 10 at 3:30PM – Join DA Andrea Harrington and the Berkshire District Attorney’s Office, Meet at BDAO (7 North Street, Pittsfield);
- Monday, Sept 14 at 5:30PM – Join Mayor Bernard, members of the NA City Council and MICinc, Meet at MCLA Gallery 51 (51 Main Street, North Adams);
- Tuesday, Sept 15 at 5:30PM – Join Senator Adam Hinds and the Berkshire Delegation, Meet at Steven Valenti’s (157 North Street, Pittsfield);
- Wednesday, Sept 16 at 12:00PM – Join Chief Troy Bacon and the Adams PD, Meet at Adams Police Station (11 Summer Street, Adams);
- Thursday, Sept 17 at 6:00PM – Join local celebrity author Ty Allan Jackson, Meet at Dottie’s Coffee Lounge (444 North Street, Pittsfield);
- Friday, Sept 18 at 4:00PM – End your WAM week with EFC staff and friends, Meet at Carr Hardware (57 Park Street, Lee).
There are (4) Walk a Virtual Mile routes in Berkshire County, each with (5) store fronts with Walk a Virtual Mile “photo-booths.” Stop in front of each storefront window and snap a photo/record a video of you/your group and share on social media with #WereHereWeWalk. Don’t forget to show us your shoes!
The Routes (see map below) & WAM “photo-booth” locations:
- North Adams – Main Street & Eagle Street
- MCLA Gallery 51 – 51 Main Street
- (former) Shear Madness – 77 Main Street
- Friendship Center – 45 Eagle Street
- Desperado’s – 23 Eagle Street
- Klipper Kings – 12 Eagle Street
- Pittsfield – East Street & North Street
- Dottie’s Coffee Lounge – 444 North Street
- Methuselah Bar & Lounge – 391 North Street
- Steven Valenti’s – 157 North Street
- Lee Bank – 75 North Street
- Otto’s Kitchen & Comfort – 95 East Street
- Great Barrington – Main Street & Railroad Street
- Carr Hardware – 256 Main Street
- Lee Bank – 279 Main Street
- GB Eats – 282 Main Street
- Calyx Berkshires – 307 Main Street
- Soco Creamery – 5 Railroad Street
- Lee – Main Street & Park Street
- Carr Hardware – 57 Park Street
- Zabians – 15 Main Street
- Starving Artist & Creperie – 40 Main Street
- Karen Keenan Gifts – 69 Main Street
- Locker Room – 232 Main Street