Beat the Clock Challenge
The Beat the Clock Challenge will be held Sunday, October 24, 2021 at the Litchfield Distillery, 567 Bantam Road, Litchfield, CT US 06759.
The event is organized by Steep Endurance.
In 2020 due to COVID, we held this event virtually, but 2021 is here and it’s going to be a LIVE edition of the Beat the Clock Challenge at the Litchfield Distillery in Litchfield, CT!
Can you run 2.08 miles in 30 minutes? Seems pretty easy right? Then this challenge is for you! The Beat the Clock Challenge is a way to get your feet wet in a shortened format and see how you stack up against the competition. If you can finish in 30 minutes, you have the option and opportunity to start the next 30 minutes. We will keep going until there is ONE runner left!
There is a catch though with this event though in that every lap/30 minutes we will be reducing the amount of time by 1 minute that you have to complete the loop. Every loop will still START every 30 minutes, so even if the time to finish the loop is for example 25 minutes and you barely finish, you will have 5 minutes to rest before the start of the next one. This will certainly push you to the edge of your endurance and speed as you will have to run faster as the event goes on. It’s your choice on how long you can continue to “beat the clock”!
There will also be some prize money to the winners of each division! (see details below).
The entry fee is $75 per person through Sept. 30th and prices increase thereafter.
The event begins at 8:00 am.
To register go to: https://www.steependurance.com/beat-the-clock-challenge-live.html
Registration ends October 24, 2021 at 7:45am EDT
These are important details/rules/guidelines for the Beat the Clock Challenge. They are put in to make your race experience seamless and to ensure a consistent and level opportunity for all the participants.
- The Beat the Clock Challenge will start at 8:00 a.m. EST on Sunday, October 24, 2021
- Before the start of each loop, the race director will go through the following protocol as such indicating time until the start.
–2 minutes before the start (whistle will be blown 2 times)
–1 minute before the start (whistle will be blown 1 time)
–30 seconds will be announced before start
–10 seconds will be counted down before the start
–START (Cowbell will be rung)
- If you finish a loop within the allotted time, you have the opportunity to START the NEXT lap provided you are IN your start corral when the next lap starts.
- Every lap the time to finish the lap will decrease by 1 minute (i.e. At the start of lap 2 you will have 29 minutes to finish. At the start of lap 3 you will have 28 minutes to finish, etc. If you do not finish within the allotted time, you are OUT of the race and considered a DNF.
- Once you are back to the start and assuming you’ve finished within the allotted time for that lap, you may use the bathroom, eat, drink, sleep, ponder the next lap, etc., but you MUST be back in the designated start corral or you will be considered a DNF (NO EXCEPTIONS). You may also choose not to continue though you will be considered a DNF.
- We will have an official clock running at all times so there is no discrepancy on timing.
- If you are one that needs more time in between loops, then run faster so you have more time, but you might burn more energy. You may also choose to run slower which will give you less time back at the start/finish area, but you will burn less energy. You have to choose which strategy works best for YOU.
- Runners will continue until ONE runner completes a FINAL lap. (i.e. If there are two runners left and one does not complete the loop, then the one that completed the loop will be declared the winner). That runner will be considered the winner of the Beat the Clock Challenge!
- High quality tech shirt from Craft Sportswear**
- Specially designed “DNF” finisher medal from Ragged Cuts
- Additional swag from our sponsors
In this type of event, there can only be ONE possible winner for each division. Everyone else is a DNF, but we will still give away awards to the top 3 in each division. Here is what are you running for:
- 1st place OVERALL in EACH division for both male and female: 25% of the entry fees for that division as prize money plus a unique plaque courtesy of Ragged Cuts.
- 2nd place OVERALL in EACH division for both male and female: prizes from our sponsors
- 3rd place OVERALL in EACH division for both male and female: prizes from our sponsors
A portion of the proceeds will go to the Litchfield Community Greenway.
For more information visit: https://www.steependurance.com/beat-the-clock-challenge-live.html