The Santa Made Me Do It will be run as scheduled on Saturday Dec 5, 2020 in Bethlehem, CT on the Bethlehem Town Green, 18 Main St., Bethlehem, CT 06751.
Due to the State of CT Covid-19 protocols, the following guidelines will be in place:
- We will only be holding the 5K this year. There will be no 2 mile walk or kid’s race.
- Registration will be capped at 100 runners. There will be no day-of-race registration. All runners must register in advance online. On race day, there will be a paper bag for each runner containing a race bib, t-shirt, and safety pins arranged alphabetically on tables for pick up.
- Runners will be required to wear masks at the start line which they can remove only after they leave the start line.
- We will have staggered starts every 30 seconds with 20 people in each wave. Wave numbers will be identified with bibs.
- I have reconfigured the course in cooperation with Resident State Trooper D’Elia. There will be no volunteers and no water stop on the course.
- Post race, there will be bags made up containing a bottle of water, a granola bar, and a piece of fruit laid out on a table. We will have plenty of hand sanitizer on hand.
To register go to : https://runsignup.com/Race/CT/Bethlehem/SantaMadeMeDoIt
Packet pick up and the race start and finish will take place at the Bethlehem Town Green. Parking at the municipal lot behind the Episcopal Church.
* Awards for the overall Male/Female finishers and the top three in the following age groups: 12 and Under, 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+
* Registration $25
* Custom 2020 Santa Made Me Do It ornaments for all finishers
* T-shirts guaranteed if registered by Nov 30
8:30 AM Packet Pick Up Starts
10:00 Race Start
The Santa Made Me Do It 5K will be held Sat., Dec. 7, 2019 at Town Hall on Town Green, 36 Main St., Bethlehem, CT 06751. Parking is at the Bethlehem Fair Grounds, 384 Main St. N.
Buses will shuttle visitors to the Town Green continuously from 8:30 am throughout the day. The race, which includes a 5k run, 2 mile walk and 1/4 mile Kids Fun Run, is part of the Bethlehem Christmastown Festival. The race is organized by The First Mile.
5K and walking participants can register online at http://www.santamademerun.com/registration/
$25 per person plus $2.50 signup fee. Race day registration $30. The kid’s fun run is free.
T shirts guaranteed if registered by Nov. 29th.
Free ornaments to the first 200 registrants.
Christmas-themed costumes encouraged.
Or print out entry form at santamademerun.com and mail check and form to:
The First Mile P.O. Box 1303 Glastonbury, CT 06033
All participants are asked to bring a non perishable food item for the Bethlehem Food Pantry.
The Kids Run is free for youngsters under 9 years.
The race day schedule is as follows:
8:00 am Shuttle bus begins
8:30 am Packet pickup and race day registration at Bethlehem Fire Station
9:30 am Kids 1/4 mile Fun Run begins
10:00 am 5K and 2 mile walk begin
Awards and Bethlehem Christmastown Festival.
Awards will go to the top overall male and female finishers as well as the top three male and female finishers in each of 9 age groups. Every finisher will receive a custom ornament.
For more information about the race visit santamademerun.com.
Non perishable food items collected from entrants will benefit the Bethlehem Food Pantry.