- This event has passed.
Annual Girls Just Wanna Have Fun 5K Road Race 2021
May 2, 2021
The Annual Girls Just Wanna Have Fun 5K Road Race will be held Sunday, May 2, 2021, at Litchfield Hills Fitness, 599 Bantam Road, Litchfield, CT.
This is a female-only event.
A fundraising event hosted by the Junior Women’s Club of Litchfield Hills that focuses on promoting health and wellness in girls and women. Run or walk along beautiful Bantam Lake! A great way to spend an afternoon with your girlfriends, your mom, your sisters, your daughters…
This is a USATF Certified 5k Race Course (code CT12014JHP) for women & girls along beautiful Bantam Lake. The course is mostly flat and the spirit is energizing!! Girls & women of all ages run & walk & enjoy the exercise and friendly competition!!
- Race starts at 12 pm
- Start and Finish behind Litchfield Hills Fitness (LHF) 599 Bantam Rd., Litchfield, CT
- Parking available behind Bantam River Corporate Park Route 202
- Certified 5K Course (3.1 miles) along beautiful Bantam Lake on North Shore Road
- Prizes awarded to first overall female finisher and first finisher in every division
- Glam it up for more fun! Tiaras, boas, etc. welcomed and encouraged!
- Glam items will also be available for sale!
- Prizes awarded for Most Glamorous!
- Gala post race refreshments for all participants
- 12 years old and younger: $18
- 13 years old and older: $30.00 until 4/12/2021 – 11:59pm then it jumps to $35.00
To register go to: https://www.girlsjustwannarun.com/register
Tek T-shirts will be available to purchase for $18 for those who register on 3/16/21 or later.
Current Connecticut guidelines state… “In-person road races should be postponed until Spring 2021, subject to COVID-19 metrics.
We are optimistic that our event will be live and are working on our Covid safety protocols! Stay tuned for more race day information. In the need of our event going virtual, we will post information as necessary.
As every year, this event is the primary fund raiser for the Junior Women’s Club of Litchfield Hills. All proceeds go to help local families in need and high school scholarships!